United Way of Illinois is a statewide association of 51 local organizations that create long-lasting community change by helping children and youth achieve their potential, promoting financial stability and family independence and improving people's health.
The organization strengthens the United Way movement in Illinois through service to its members and advocacy for effective health and human services policies for the people of Illinois.
Seven Months into State Budget Impasse, United Way of Illinois Survey Shows Extensive Cuts to Human Service Programs and Harm to Sector
A new survey conducted by United Way of Illinois, the statewide association of 52 local United Ways and the largest non-governmental funder of health and human services in the state, shows the deepening impact of the budget impasse on the most vulnerable citizens across Illinois and on the human service sector overall.
Human Service Agencies Already Cutting Services Amidst State Budget Stalemate
Many agencies face depleted cash reserves by September 1.
United Way of Illinois Agency Survey on the State Budget - High Level Findings
YEAR IN REVIEW 2014-2015
Public Policy 2014-2015 Year in Review
See United Way of Illinois' overview of public policy challenges and successes in 2014-2015.
PUBLIC POLICY & ADVOCACY NEWSLETTER – MARCH 2015
- Gov. Rauner Outlines Budget with Deep Cuts to Key Programs
- Get to Know Members of Gov. Rauner’s Cabinet and Staff
- Promote the Earned Income Tax Credit and Free Tax Preparation
- 2015 Public Policy Agenda Adopted at Mid-Year Meeting
- Annual Lobby Day: April 15, 2015
PUBLIC POLICY & ADVOCACY NEWSLETTER – DECEMBER 2014
- New Administration Requires Renewed Engagement
- January’s Tax-Rate Rollback Will Hurt Human Services
- Deadlines Approaching for Health Insurance Marketplace
- Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit to Help Working Families
- Mid-Year Meeting: February 18th at the United Way of McLean County in Bloomington
YEAR IN REVIEW 2014
Public Policy 2014 Year in Review
See United Way of Illinois' overview of public policy challenges and successes in 2014.
State Initiatives Driving Change
Find out about Budgeting for Results, Social Impact Bonds, Medicaid Coordinated Care and the Medicaid 1115 Waiver.